Tuesday, May 12, 2015

More observations

12 cities, 6 beds, countless train rides, 3 busses, 3 boats & one taxi in 16 days. Whew! What a whirlwind!
The food was mostly great (including pasta with lobster and salt-crusted seseabass) The work-out was beyond anything I've put my body through in a long time (Italy is all stairs and hills nd mountains)
The men may be lookers, but they're rude as hell! You wouldn't catch a guy holding a door or budging from his place on a sidewalk, and they have no shame winking or kissing at me even when they are with a lady!
The smells of Italy will stay with me as long as the memories will. The honeysuckle, roses, bougainvillea,  poppies, zinnia, and all kinds of flowering trees, plants, and bushes I've never seen are in full bloom. The smell of the sea was omnipresent in both Venice & the cities of the Cinque terre.
Mornings bring the scent of freshly baking bread and pastries, and unfortunately I can't leave out the stink of urine and cigarette smoke.
no adventure is without hiccups  (an angry back, a tour gone wrong, a couple blisters) but the beauty I have seen, and my travel partner were tops! 


No comments:

Post a Comment