Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Country side

My back (and the rest of my parts) be damned! We booked a tour to see the country yesterday after being told about the "small group tour, taken in a relaxing luxury van, with lunch at a beautiful winery overlooking a bucolic estate."
You all know where this is going, right? I would be writing a book if told all that was wrong about this tour, but I will say that it was a sham. We were gone 12 hours, ate what Russano calls "a child sized lunch", and would not have gotten one picture if we would have stayed with the group.
Yep. We went rogue! That being said, it's fair to say we walked and climbed and walked and climbed our way around San Gimignano, Chianti, Sienna, and Montecatini, forming blisters, starving, sweating, cursing the tour, and getting incredible photos!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the countryside pictures. The only way to get the great shots is to go "rogue". I love your work.

    ReplyDelete